2018 3L Law Class Gift Campaign
The 2018 3L Law Class Gift Campaign provides an opportunity for all graduating Carolina Law School students to commemorate their achievements by making a donation to the Law School before graduation.
By participating in the Class Gift Campaign, the Class of 2018 joins the ranks of dedicated Carolina Law School alumni who maintain lifelong, faithful connections to the school through their philanthropy.
Why Give? Contributions aid in the creation of many new opportunities for students and faculty, including increased scholarships, new professorships, research centers, curricular innovations, and much more. All donors will be recognized on the University of South Carolina Law School 2018 Annual Donor Honor Roll.
Participation Is Key: Give What You Can The program’s success is measured by student participation rates. Last year, 23% of the Class of 2017 participated in their Class Gift – there is plenty of room to exceed. Your goal is 75%.
Donor Challenge: An anonymous donor has provided a $15,000 challenge to the 3L Class of 2018. This donor, should you meet the challenge requirements, will donate $15,000 towards one of the funds listed for your campaign.
Donor Challenge Details:
- If the 3L Class reaches $7,500 of gifts (that is approximately $42 per person of the 2018 class) you will unclock the remaining gift of $10,000
- If the 3L Class reaches $5,000 of gifts (that is approximately $28 per person of the 2018 class) you will unlock $5,000
Your gift of $42 will allow the 3L Class to leave an outstanding legacy and set the bar for future classes' giving.
Direct Your Gift: Five Areas of Support in the Annual Fund Recognizing that you might like to make your contribution more targeted, the Class Gift Campaign allows you to direct your giving to areas in the Annual Fund including Law Carolina Fund (Dean’s Discretionary Fund), Student Scholarship Support Fund, Joint Journal Dues Assistance Fund, Mock Trial Fund, and Moot Court Fund.
About the funds:
- Law Carolina Fund: This fund is the Dean's discretionary fund. Predominately funds are used for scholarships; however, they also allow the Dean to expand opportunities throughout the School of Law.
- Student Scholarship Support Fund: This fund provides qualified students scholarships.
- Joint Journal Dues Assistance Fund: This fund assists students with dues who meet the academic requirements but may need the support financially.
- Mock Trial Fund: This fund allows to supplement further travel for teams.
- Moot Court Fund: This fund allows to supplement further travel for teams.
Have questions? Ask one of the committee members:
Matthew Brock Timothy Mercer
Sarah Tate Chambers Sara Morris - Co-Chair
Maggie Chappell Creasie Parrott - Co-Chair
Sarah Efird Lindsay Richardson
Kristen McLeod Lashawnda Woods-Roberts